Call it Murphy’s Law, or maybe just a little misfortune, but we sometimes see heat pump problems in Branchville during the cooler months, when they’re necessary to keep you toasty. While you know the team at Willco Air Conditioning, Refrigeration & Heating Inc. will constantly be there ASAP when you require us for a heat pump repair, there are some things you can do to confirm that a repair is important and save yourself some cash if it’s not. We’ve gathered this checklist of things to try before you give us a call.
- It may sound silly, but make sure everything is set to “on”. We’ve been to more than a few calls only to discover the thermostat or the heat pump itself is switched off.
If the heat pump still hasn’t kicked on, return to your thermostat.
- Is the thermostat switched to heat? If yes, raise the temperature by five degrees to check if it switches on.
- If everything looks correct, test your heat pump switch (if it has one) and test the fuses and circuit breaker that protect the extra heating element (if it has one).
Is a blockage causing your heat pump to breakdown?
- Try swapping the battery, if it has one.
- Examine your air filters inside your air handler to ensure they’re not blocking things up.
- Are your room heating registers open and unbarred?
If you’ve worked through this checklist and you still need a heat pump repair, call Willco Air Conditioning, Refrigeration & Heating Inc. at 862-345-6896 and we’ll get your home back to the welcoming and cozy place you expect this time of year.