Whether you like winter or prefer the warmer months in Branchville, most of us make adjustments to be sure our home’s temperature keeps us cozy. This can have a large impact on your monthly bills, but there are steps you can take to reduce those energy costs.
- Look at the weather stripping – After many years, the seals around your windows and doors can crack or become weathered. Walk around your home to pinpoint any drafts that need to be addressed.
- Make use of your blinds – If your windows have blinds, they can be valuable in keeping your space warm. Keep them open when the sun is shining during the day, and make sure to close them at nighttime, so the warmer air doesn’t escape.
- Change your filter – Check your filter continually to see if it needs to be switched out. We suggest at least once every three months, but that period of time can vary from house to house.
- Buy a programmable thermostat – Programmable thermostats may seem like just a convenient way to make sure your home stays warm, but programmable thermostats can also help you reduce energy costs! You can fix temperatures to be cooler when you are away from the home or sleeping. Being more mindful of efficiency will help with heating costs.
- Add insulation to your attic – Check to see if you have an adequate amount of insulation. Because heat rises, insulation in your attic is a great tool to lower the chances of heat escaping.
- Book routine maintenance – Just like we visit the doctor to get checkups, your heating system needs a little attention, too. Hiring experts to clean and maintain your system will confirm that your system is operating effectively and efficiently. They can also identify small issues that could end up as more pricey repairs if ignored.
- Assess your HVAC system – If it seems like your monthly heating costs are continually increasing—regardless your efforts to increase efficiency—it might be time to look for a replacement heating system. The professionals at Willco Air Conditioning, Refrigeration & Heating Inc. can help you analyze the performance of your HVAC system and walk through the choices for newer, more efficient models.
Not only will these steps lower the amount of money you are putting toward your energy costs, but many of them can help your heating system work more efficiently. More efficient energy use also supports the health of your equipment, which means your system will last longer.
If you are considering routine maintenance on your heating system or would like an expert to provide insight on reducing energy costs—we’ve got you covered. Give Willco Air Conditioning, Refrigeration & Heating Inc. in Branchville a call to begin. Contact our team at 862-345-6896 or arrange an appointment with us online.