It seems as though we are ever-connected to our smartphones. Whether it is email, looking for the latest sports scores or scrolling Twitter, we seem to be as busy as ever. That doesn’t mean that your smartphone can’t be used for simple conveniences like knowing when you require air conditioner service though.
Today, there are two types of Wi-Fi thermostats.
- Connected. These mean you can control the system from anywhere via Wi-Fi, so if you leave the house and don’t turn down the thermostat you can go into an app and alter the temperature setting.
- Smart Thermostats. In addition to Wi-Fi capabilities, smart thermostats automatically switch the temperature for you based on whether you’re home or away.
Smart thermostats have been mentioned quite a bit in the last few years, and as technology continues to improve, they will surely become even more common. And why not? They do offer a number of perks and allow you to have the best control over your home’s temperature and environment.
- Easy adjustments. Smart thermostats don’t just have a clever name, they understand your habits and know when you’re at home and when you’re away so that you can get the best savings possible. Smart thermostats make sure that your comfort is always a peak priority, while also working to save you more money.
- Helpful reminders. Wouldn’t you enjoy knowing when it’s time to swap your heating and cooling system’s filter or when it’s time to schedule air conditioner service? Smart thermostats can allow you to do so, meaning you can rely on your system to tell you when there is a problem or it’s time for service.
- Convenient compatibility. Most smart thermostats are developed for easy integration across many different heating and cooling equipment manufacturers so you can go with the perfect one for your needs and budget.
Smart thermostats will continue to develop like most pieces of technology, but they already offer a host of perks that can help improve your comfort, potentially decrease your energy bills, and even tell you when you need to schedule air conditioner service. Willco Air Conditioning, Refrigeration & Heating Inc. in Branchville has a number of thermostats to pick from, so if you have any questions about which one is right for you, give us a call at 862-345-6896.