With warmer temps right around the corner, now is the time to prepare your air conditioner. When your air conditioner
is working at its best, it can save a big amount off your energy bills! Likewise, if your air conditioning unit requires service, it could drastically heighten your bills and cause unnecessary and life-shortening wear and tear on your system. Having your Willco Air Conditioning, Refrigeration & Heating Inc. specialist do air conditioning service
at least yearly is critical to keeping your system working efficiently for a long time. He or she can be sure the unit is working as it should be and can identify looming problems before they happen, saving you even more money.
Your expert air conditioning service should include, but is not limited to:
- Replacement of, or cleaning of, air filters
- Cleaning of condensate drain, blower components and condenser coil
- Lubrication of all moving parts and tightening of electrical components
- Performance of cooling cycle assessment
In addition to setting up your professional air conditioning service, there are steps you can do now and intermittently throughout the year to ensure your air conditioner is at its best.
- Uncover your outdoor unit if you kept it covered during winter. Running your AC with a cover, coil blanket or lid on it may damage your system and end with the need for large repairs or even replacement.
- Pick up the area by your AC. Be sure there are no shrubs, weeds, flowers, etc. growing near your AC unit because they might obstruct airflow through your AC. Also make sure there aren’t piles of leaves or mulch obstructing any aspect of it.
Throughout the year:
- While your filters may be cleaned or swapped out during your expert air conditioning service, it’s important for you to check them every month and replace per the manufacturer’s suggestion. Every home has unique needs when talking about air filter replacement, varying on factors like owning house pets or performing home construction through the year.
Having your ducts cleaned routinely will also make sure your air conditioner is able to work efficiently and will help you have a comfortable home. By adhering these simple, proactive steps, you’ll be doing everything you can to be sure your air conditioner will be prepared for whatever summer brings your way. Give the pros at Willco Air Conditioning, Refrigeration & Heating Inc. a call at [[phonenumber]].