As warmer weather starts, you could be wondering, is an AC tune-up worth it in Branchville? Especially if your air conditioning system is recently installed or was operating just fine last year.
Here’s one method to contemplate it. You wouldn’t buy a brand-new vehicle and never expect to book any work for it, such as changing the oil or putting on new tires.
The same is applicable to your AC. It’s a piece of equipment that uses fuel and has moving components. Like a car, it can develop leaks and its moving pieces can fail.
Having your system examined yearly by a Willco Air Conditioning, Refrigeration & Heating Inc. technician can help spot small problems before they become major malfunctions. (And cause your system to stop working!)
6 Reasons to Tune Up Your AC in the Spring
- It keeps your system clean. Since your cooling system is located outside, it’s more prone to having a buildup of dirt, leaves and other yard refuse, which can negatively affect your system’s efficiency. While you can use our how to clean your AC guide, we suggest calling a professional to take care of complicated internal components.
- It keeps your unit efficient. Dirt and yard refuse that build up inside your unit can force it to work harder and decrease airflow. Both these troubles can lead to increased energy use—and a higher utility bill!
- It could extend your equipment’s life span. A clean system is an efficient one and could even help it work for a longer period of time. That’s money that you won’t spend on your monthly energy expenses and over the long run, since you won’t have to replace your equipment as fast.
- It helps locate little issues before they lead to major, costly problems. During professional AC maintenance, your tech will keenly look at pieces and carry out a series of cooling performance checks. These all-inclusive measures often allow us to identify troubles before they create extensive troubles that lead to a costly repair bill.
- It helps guarantee trouble-free cooling throughout the warmest days. After your system is tuned up, you’ll have peace of mind knowing your equipment is prepped to deliver worry-free air. Even on the most humid days. It’s one of the best approaches to keep your air conditioner from failing.
- It keeps your warranty valid. Most manufacturers expect yearly maintenance to keep your warranty valid. Without this maintenance, your system is at risk for early breakdowns and decreased efficiency.
What Does AC Maintenance Involve?
A good AC service should have an examination and maintenance work from a qualified HVAC technician. Here’s some of the work we’ll do:
We’ll check the following locations and components:
- Full equipment order
- Start-up pattern
- Thermostat adjustment
- Air filter
- Blower pieces and airflow
- Electrical connections
- Condenser coil
- Safety mechanisms
- Supply and return temperature
- Refrigerant pressure
- Condensate drains
This is just a part of the jobs we’ll do:
- Replace air filters
- Secure electrical connections
- Confirm electrical flow
- Lube moving parts
- Unclog condensate drains
- Clean condenser coil
Schedule Your AC Tune-Up Now with Willco Air Conditioning, Refrigeration & Heating Inc.
Today is the best time to schedule your AC maintenance! Give our Willco Air Conditioning, Refrigeration & Heating Inc. pros a call at 862-345-6896 or contact us online to schedule your appointment. Before we visit your home, be sure to browse our discount offers for savings on your next tune-up.