On average, air ducts need to be cleaned every three to five years according to the National Air Duct Cleaners Association
. Contingent on a lot of factors—like your home’s location, whether or not you have pets, and how often your air filter has been swapped out, to name a handful—you may require air duct cleaning
more or less frequently. So, how can you find out for sure when it’s time to have your ducts cleaned? There are certainly some revealing signs when it’s time.
Look for these clues:
- Are your cold air returns coated with dust or pet hair?
- Is there a blockage in your cold air return vent?
- Are your registers carrying out dust?
- When you check inside with a flashlight, can you see an accumulation of debris or pet fur?
- Have insects or rodents found shelter in your ductwork?
- Can you hear noise other than your blower motor when you listen to the airflow?
- When your vents are fully opened, do any have not as much airflow than others?
If you answered “yes” to any of these questions, it’s most likely time to ask Willco Air Conditioning, Refrigeration & Heating Inc. in Branchville about air duct cleaning.
Prolonging Time Between Air Duct Cleaning
There are a few things you can do to help keep your ducts cleaner and lengthen the timeline between professional cleanings.
First and foremost, arrange routine HVAC maintenance with the experts at Willco Air Conditioning, Refrigeration & Heating Inc.. A maintenance check of your furnace each fall and your AC each spring, which should consist of inspection, and possible replacement, of your air filter, will help keep your HVAC system operating well, and should help keep your ducts clean.
You can also talk to the team at Willco Air Conditioning, Refrigeration & Heating Inc. about installing an air purification system. We provide the Lennox PureAir Air Purification System, Healthy Climate Carbon Clean 16 Media Air Cleaner, Healthy Climate 11 Media Air Cleaner, Healthy Climate High-Efficiency Particulate Air (HEPA) Filtration System and Healthy Climate UV Germicidal Lights.
Other steps you can take include:
- Consistently dusting and vacuuming your home.
- Inspecting your air filters habitually and replacing them when the manufacturer recommends exchanging them. Most filters will present dust on them after a short time in service, but they may not need exchanging.
- Sealing drips in air ducts that allow dust to enter from areas like your attic.
- Exchanging poor or broken air-duct insulation.
With an expert air duct cleaning and some proactive measures, you can help keep the air in your Branchville home clean and healthy. Give the professionals at Willco Air Conditioning, Refrigeration & Heating Inc. a call at 862-345-6896.