While the cold season seems like it’s already been around for far too long, its impact on our heating bill is only beginning. Achieving low energy costs during the coldest months of the year can be tough, but that doesn’t mean you can’t take steps to help reduce those costs. That’s why we’ve jotted down a few furnace tips to help keep heating bills from skyrocketing.
To begin reducing your heating bills and boosting your energy efficiency this winter, consider:
- Keeping your blinds open during the warmest parts of the day to bring sunlight in, helping warm your home naturally.
- Sealing leaks around your home’s windows and doors with caulk or weather stripping.
- Installing a programmable thermostat so that you can more easily control the temperature in your home, which will also increase energy efficiency.
- Cleaning or replacing your furnace filter every few months.
- Making sure your home’s heating vents are open and aren’t blocked by any obstructions
- Replacing your old furnace with a newer, more efficient model if you’ve had your current furnace for more than 15 years.
- Installing insulation to your attic to keep the heat trapped inside.
- Checking your roof to ensure your shingles are intact, and that there are no holes or areas that need to be sealed.
Working to keep your energy bills low and energy efficiency high, is a year-round battle, one that can seem overwhelming at times. However, that doesn’t mean that you can’t take a few small steps to make sure you’re keeping your bills as low as possible. If you have any questions about the tips above or questions about how you can lower your heating bills, give us a buzz at 862-345-6896. Our experts are here to help make sure your home is comfortable all year long, even with the crazy Branchville weather.