Having standard air conditioning service completed at least once a year can help extend the life of your air conditioner and keep it functioning at its highest efficiency. Before we get to the warmest days of the Branchville summertime, have the specialists at Willco Air Conditioning, Refrigeration & Heating Inc. complete your yearly air conditioning service.
Particular tasks should always be completed during a proper air conditioning service appointment. From energy.gov, your expert should always:
- Look for the proper amount of refrigerant, and if required, test for refrigerant leaks utilizing a leak detector.
- If a refrigerant evacuation is necessary, recover any refrigerant that must be cleared from the system, as opposed to illegally releasing it to the air.
- Look for proper airflow in the system.
- Check the correct electric control sequence to make sure of correct sequence of operation.
- Review electric terminals, clean and tighten connections.
- Inspect the accuracy of the thermostat.
When it comes to DIY air conditioning service, changing or cleaning your air filters frequently is essential. That’s because nothing else that straightforward can help guarantee your air conditioner continues to operate at top efficiency. Outside of when the air filter is cleaned or swapped out during your routine air conditioning service appointment, you should examine it regularly. We recommend looking at it monthly or according to the manufacturer’s advice. How often it actually demands cleaning or replacement will depend on individual influences in your home, like how much dust gets into your home and whether or not you have pets.
If it’s time for your routine air conditioner service or if you have questions about air filters or another aspect of air conditioner maintenance, call Willco Air Conditioning, Refrigeration & Heating Inc. today at 862-345-6896.