Before you start filling up the calendar with summer vacations and trips, be sure to schedule time to have your air conditioner examined by a heating and cooling professional. Routine maintenance may not give you a sense of urgency, but regular air conditioner service does more for your air conditioner than you think.
Why do tune-ups help?
- Minimize need for repairs – Most people agree that the summer months in Branchville are not the greatest time for an air conditioner to give out. Scheduling air conditioner service lets you be more proactive and our expert technicians can look for any red flags that signal trouble ahead for your air conditioner.
- Ensure efficient operations – Not only can tune-ups acknowledge areas of concern, but it also helps your air conditioner operate as efficient as possible. Air conditioners are investments that you need to continually check on and maintain to make sure you are receiving the optimal benefits from your unit.
- Reduce expenses – You want the optimal performance possible out of your air conditioner. A comfortable living area is the main purpose, but a properly running air conditioner also lowers the cost of your energy bills and lengthens the life of your system.
What will a technician do during an air conditioning tune-up?
- Check the filter status – It’s recommended to change your filters at least every three months, so the technician will examine the cleanliness of your filter. By not changing your filters, you force your air conditioner to work harder and can also lower the quality of the air in your home.
- Check refrigerant charge – Too much and too little are certainly not good things when talking about refrigerant levels. Too little refrigerant can cause additional stress on your system and too much will impact how efficiently your air conditioner maintains cool temperatures in your home.
- Check electrical connections – There are lots of moving parts that are included in an air conditioner and when those moving parts become loose it increases the chance of sparks or other damage to the electrical components.
- Clean the coils – Dust and other particles can gather on both your outdoor and indoor coils, which can harm efficiency and raise the amount of energy used.
The experts from Willco Air Conditioning, Refrigeration & Heating Inc. in Branchville offer a quality air conditioner tune-up and service, also answering any questions you have about your air conditioner, its performance or your home’s overall comfort levels. Give them a call at 862-345-6896 and stay comfortable this summer.