Summer is upon us! Many of us are eager for warmer weather and some relaxing summer days. To optimize your comfort and actually relax, confirm your air conditioner is ready for the summer heat. One of the keys to a fun summer in Branchville is a reliable, efficient air conditioner. While Willco Air Conditioning, Refrigeration & Heating Inc. consistently recommends staying up-to-date with annual preventive air conditioning service, we’ve got numerous tips to help keep your air conditioner in top shape this season.
- First, another opportunity to recall the golden rule of HVAC: inspect your air filter consistently! Replace your air filter per the manufacturer’s instructions.
- Remove any covering from your air conditioning unit if it was covered for the cold weather. Turning on your air conditioner before removing the cover can severely damage it and result in costly air conditioner service calls.
- Plants, leaves, tall grass and debris placed close to your outside unit can reduce your AC’s operations. mow the grass, clean out any debris and eliminate overgrowth that impedes on your unit before you start it this summer. Be sure to check the surroundings at least monthly to keep it clear and increase airflow through your air conditioner.
- To provide the best air quality and that your air conditioner is working efficiently, have your ducts maintained regularly. It’s also a great idea to have your ducts inspected for leaks to establish that all that cooled air is going where you need it and not leaving through gaps.
- Consider putting in a programmable thermostat to provide assistance to manage the efficiency of your air conditioner.
- Check the slab your air conditioner unit sits on.
These easy steps can save you from avoidable air conditioning service and keep you cool and comfortable throughout the summer months. If you would like to schedule your annual air conditioner service, or if you would like any more tips or recommendations to help get your air conditioner ready for summer and keep it running steadily, call Willco Air Conditioning, Refrigeration & Heating Inc. in Branchville at 862-345-6896 today.